State support of the investment activity in Kamchatskiy krai is realized in accordance with the law of Kamchatskiy krai «About state support of the investment activity in Kamchatskiy krai» dated from 22.09.2008 № 129 and based on the following principles:
- objectivity and economic reasonableness of past decisions;
- openness and accessibility for all investors the information necessary to run the investment activity;
- investors equity and uniformity of public procedures;
- mandatory implementation of decisions;
- mutual responsibility of bodies of state authority of Kamchatskiy krai and investors;
- balance of public and private interests.
The bodies of state authority of Kamchatskiy krai provide state guarantees of the rights of investment activity subjects in accordance with the law of the Russian Federation and Kamchatskiy krai. Within the current legislation of investment activity in Kamchatskiy krai there are provided financial and nonfinancial measures.
- granting tax exemptions to investors in the part entered in regional budget according to the law of the Russian Federation and Kamchatskiy krai;
- granting state guarantees of Kamchatskiy krai to investors on security of borrowed funds repayment attracted for the realization of the most significant investment projects according to the law of the Russian Federation and Kamchatskiy krai;
- inclusion investment projects into the application of Kamchatskiy krai for participation in competition of investment projects which are claimed to be co-financed by means of the Investment Fund of the Russian Federation;
- granting subsidies to investors by means of the regional budget for compensation of the part of expenses related to the current service of loans taken in Russian credit organizations for the purpose of the realization of investment projects.
Financial measures of state support granted only to investors who realize the most significant investment projects for the period of its recoupment but no longer than 7 years.
According to the Regulation of conditions for granting state support of investment activity in Kamchatskiy krai in the form of financial measures for investment projects realized on the territory of Kamchatskiy krai directed to the realization of the main directions of Kamchatskiy krai social-economic development dated from 16.07.2010 № 319-P, the status of the most significant investment project can be given to investment project which realized on the territory of Kamchatskiy krai under the following conditions:
- the investment project satisfies the requirements to the main directions of Kamchatskiy krai social-economic development;
- investment project is supported by the bodies of local self-government of the municipal entities of Kamchatskiy krai where the realization of the investment project is planned for realization;
- investment project has an integral effect components such as cost-effectiveness, budget efficiency and social effect;
- investment project according to the group of municipal entities of Kamchatskiy krai (on the territory where the project is planned for realization) has the volume of investments no less than the fixed indicators.
- conclusion of concession agreements;
- appellation to the federal state power instances, credit organizations and public associations of entrepreneurs about the assistance to investors under the realization of investment project;
- appointment as advised by the Ministry of Economic Development, Business and Trade of Kamchatskiy krai (investment policy coordinator) the advisers for non- budget financing of the realization of investment projects from executive bodies of state authority of Kamchatskiy krai;
- organization of the seminars and conferences related to the issues of investment activity, and fairs of investment projects;
- participation in regional and international exhibitions, forums, presentations, congresses focused on the attraction of foreign investments in Kamchatka’s economy;
- promotion of investment projects in regional and international levels for the purpose of investors attraction in Kamchatka’s economy;
- development of the information system for provision of investment activity including data bank for investment projects, investment ideas, investment areas;
- rendering of methodical and organizational assistance.
State support of investment activity in Kamchatskiy krai is not available to investors:
- being in a stage of reorganization, liquidation, bankruptcy;
- having overdue debts of wages, the formerly state support of investment activity in Kamchatskiy krai and (or) taxes and levies to the budget of the Russian Federation;
- having overdue debts in the payment of the nominal capital.
Investment Council in Kamchatskiy krai is established, the its main goals are:
- determination of priority directions and formation of strategic goals for the realization of the investment policy on the territory of Kamchatskiy krai;
- coordination of the work of executive bodies of state authority of Kamchatskiy krai, territorial forms of government, federal bodies of executive authority in Kamchatskiy krai, bodies of local self-government of municipal entities located on the territory of Kamchatskiy krai, enterprises, and organizations – the investment activity subjects in the sphere of realization of investment policy in Kamchatskiy krai;
- assistance in the development of investment infrastructure;
- formation of open information space in the sphere of investment activity on the territory of Kamchatskiy krai;
- assistance in the reinforcement of competitive advantages of Kamchatskiy krai;
- assistance in the development of mechanisms for public private partnership;
- development of mechanisms for increase the investment attract in Kamchatskiy krai;
- assistance in the negotiation of administrative and other barriers appeared in the process of the realization of investment projects on the territory of Kamchatskiy krai;
- consideration of the particular investment projects for the purpose of definition its priority for Kamchatskiy krai economy and granting the measures of government support.
Data bank of investment projects (ideas, areas) has been formed.
Data bank is placed on the official site of Kamchatka krai Government www.kamchatka.gov.ru in the section “Investments”.
The information about investment projects is presented at all events and shared among potential investors.
There was organized the work on the development, promotion, and accompaniment of the investment projects, ideas, and areas realization (conceptual development of investment proposals, development of recommendations for business-planning of investment projects, assessment of investment projects of Kamchatka). This work also implies the organization of consultations with the initiators of investment projects, ideas, areas.
The Government of Kamchatskiy krai performs the work on cooperation with the important financial institutions including State Corporation Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank), Savings Bank, JSC “Fond of Far East and Baikal Region Development ”, Russian Bank of Development, as well as with the Investment Fund of the Russian Federation for the realization of regional investment projects.
In Kamchatskiy krai operates the biggest investor and strategic partner – JSC “Gazprom”. In 2010 JSC “Gazprom” has completed the construction of gas pipeline from the western coast of Kamchatka to its centre – Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy. In association with OJSC “Gazprom” here are implemented some other projects of great social-economic importance for the peninsula.
There was developed and approved the Conception of the image policy of Kamchatskiy krai. One of its main directions is the development of positive investment image of the region and the attraction of non-budget investments.
Among the main activities of the Conception it is proposed also the participation and organization in international presentation events (exhibitions, forums, conferences, etc.), development and promotion of regional brands, mass media activities.
An agreement on cooperation in the sphere of regional investment policy between the Ministry of Regional Development of the Russian Federation and the Government of Kamchatskiy krai had been signed. Purpose of the Agreement is to attract the federal budget funds and funds from non-budget sources for financing advanced investment projects using public private partnership mechanism.
In order to create a favorable investment climate in Kamchatskiy krai the long-term regional target program "Creation of a favorable investment climate in Kamchatskiy krai for 2011-2013" has been developed and approved, the main goals are:
- improvement of legislation in the sphere of creation a favorable investment climate in Kamchatskiy krai;
- granting state guarantees of investment activity;
- development of public private partnership;
- attraction of non-budget investments;
- attraction of budget investments;
- implementation of informational support of investment activity.